- 240g SunBlush® Tomatoes, drained from marinade
- 1 Beef tomato (or 2 smaller tomatoes), chopped
- 1 White onion, finely diced
- 1 Celery stalk, finely diced
- 1 Garlic clove, chopped
- 500ml vegetable stock
- Vegetable oil
- Salt & pepper
- To serve: Crutons - 1 slice of bread cut into small squares and fried in oil, a dollop of creme fraiche, extra virgin olive oil and basil leaves
SunBlush® Tomato Soup with creme fraiche
Prep time: 15 (minutes)
Cook time: 25 (minutes)
Total time: 40 (minutes)
- Fry the diced celery and onion in a little vegetable oil for 5 minutes until soft (but not browned)
- Add the SunBlush® Tomatoes and the beef tomato, frying for a further 2 minutes
- Add the garlic to the pan and fry for 1 minute, before adding the vegetable stock.
- Add a little salt and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes, add the mixture to a food processor and blitz until a smooth consistency (If you like it extra smooth, pass through a fine sieve)
- To serve, add a few ladles of the hot soup to a bowl, top with a few crutons, add a dollop of creme fraiche, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a garnish with a basil leaf.
- SunBlush® Tomatoes add a wonderful flavour to tomato soup, ensuring a deep, rich tomato taste – something that most supermarket tomatoes cannot.
- Play around with garnishes – add cooked, chopped bacon for a bit more meatiness, or even spice it up with a little chilli oil.