- 240g SunBlush® Tomatoes, drained (with a little marinade reserved)
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 2 anchovy fillets, roughly chopped
SunBlush® Tomato Pizza Sauce
Prep time: 5 (minutes)
Cook time: 20 (minutes)
Total time: 25 (minutes)
- Fry the onions over a low heat in a little SunBlush® marinade.
- Place the tomatoes in a food processor and blitz together with the vegetable stock, until quite smooth.
- After cooking the onions for 5 minutes, add the garlic, chilli and anchovies and mix together, cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato/vegetable puree to the onion mixture and cook for a further 10 minutes when the mix should have reduced to a thicker sauce.
- Turn off the heat and give the sauce another blitz in the food processor.
- Store in steralised jars, as pictured.
- This pizza sauce will keep in the fridge for about a week in the steralised jars, giving you time to create wonderful pizza masterpieces during the week.
- Don’t be afraid of the anchovies – they add a wonderful salty flavour to this dish and actually disintegrate into the sauce.
- Remove the chilli if you don’t like spicy sauces, or add more if you do!